Yes, professional staging can cost several thousand dollars. Is it worth it? You decide:
1. A professional stager knows how to make a home appeal to the maximum number of potential buyers. Sure, sellers can spruce up and declutter. But it’s difficult for them to be objective about how a prospective buyer will see their home and possessions.
2. You’ll have better photos. Today, 43 percent of home buyers look online for properties before they ever contact an agent. Better photos = better exposure for your listing.
3. Staging helps buyers visualize themselves living there. Especially with a vacant home, buyers might have problems visualizing how their furniture will fit.
4. The Real Estate Staging Association reports that professionally staged homes spend 72 percent less time on the market.
5. Staged homes sell for more. A 2014 survey found that more than half of professionally staged homes received 10 percent more at sale than neighboring unstaged homes. Even if staging costs 1 percent of the value of the home, if it sells for 10 percent more than it would have otherwise, you’re still ahead!